I had a leftover pie shell from the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie I made last time so since we were cooking with the girls, I thought to use it up before I left school for the summer. And since I had some apples, Apple Crumbled Pie seemed like the safest bet.
Apple Crumbled Pie
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9-inch
- 6 cups peeled apple slices
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Fill pie shell with apple slices. Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; sprinkle over apples.
- Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over top of pie. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is browned.
Again, no walnuts or pecans were added since someone could be allergic. It came out really juicy and I loved it. I left it there for them to eat. Not too sure what happened to it.