Is it weird to say I’ve never eaten a Deviled Egg before … until age 21? As sated in the previous post of happy cooking with friends, my friend Isabel made Deviled Eggs. We had a lot of eggs leftover and didn’t want to waste them. Yes, again I didn’t make this but I was there, I helped. It has to count for something. And must I say, so delicious! I can taste the fatness run through my veins.
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- Hard boil eggs and cut eggs lengthwise into halves.
- slip out yolks and mash well with a fork.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Fill whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly. (Some opt the piping bag method.)
- Dash on paprika on top.
Paprika is put on for taste so you can put on as much as you want. I love a heaping full. Also, people tend to put relish on theirs. I love mine with relish., This is such an easy recipe. But got to watch the waist line …