It’s already AUGUST?! What?! Nooooo … summer please stay a little longer!
Sunday morning .. meaning like 1pm! Mum and I felt like baking after Skyping with the sissy and Brett. They were cooking dinner and mum and I were bored so baking it was!
Honey Poppy Seed Cake
- oil or melted butter, for greasing
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a loaf cake pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add in butter, sugar, 4 Tbsp of honey, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Beat until mixture is smooth. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into pan and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until risen and golden brown. (Ours baked for a little longer about 1 hour and 10 minutes til it set. So all ovens vary. Trial and Error!)
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out carefully and finish cooling on wire rack. To serve, warm remaining 2 Tbsp of honey and drizzle over cake then cut and serve.
I cut you a piece! Come and have tea and cake with me! I’ll be waiting.