I’m getting ready and going out to celebrate one of my really good friend’s 21st birthday!
So here’s a post I wrote from the past. The other dessert I made for the co’s as mentioned.
These are my favorite m&ms! But I can only have a few before I get sick of them since I’m not a lover of sweets.
Is it shocking to say I’ve never made or ate a blondie before?
But in reality, it’s just a brownie … that’s blonde because of all the brown sugar?
This stole the show and I personally loved them. That’s saying a lot coming from a non-sweets lover.
Aren’t they beautiful? I wish I had pretty pictures like this.
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag mini M&Ms (with a few reserved for the top)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it browns and begins to smell nutty. Make sure not to burn it! Allow the butter to cool lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Add in flour and stir until just combined.
- Add in M&Ms and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle a few additional M&Ms on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
This was my final product! So pretty! So colorful!
Seriously make this and bring it to a party. Everyone will love it.
My oven took 32 minutes to bake. Just make sure you have a very good knife to cut through those M&Ms. Plastic knives do not cut it (pun intended). I learned the hard way as I broke a plastic knife in half and one of my co-workers broke another one in thirds. Funny huh? hehe
In Allie’s recipe she had coconut shreds put in … but I was afraid some people might be allergic and coconut is a little fattening so I opted out of it. — It could have to do with the fact that I’m not a big fan of coconut myself.