We had a scrumptious dinner cooking in my Crock Pot.
Since the three of us, Shayna, Patricia, and I, were busy with FTK things tonight, Shayna put that whole chicken into the pot and we came back with this!
Yum! It falls off the bone. Only the best type of meat!
Shyana also prepared a Cabbage Slaw called Kids Love Cabbage Slaw.
We put that Chicken on top of the cabbage slaw. I’m not a fan of cabbage but it wasn’t bad with that deliciously moist chicken! We even enjoyed an episode of Criminal Minds well eating our dinner. YuMM! I added some broccoli in there.
Spice Rub Slow-Cooked Chicken
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper or finely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5-6 lb free range organic chicken, rinsed, and patted dry with paper towels
- Cover the bottom of a slow cooker with sliced onions.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl and using your hands, rub the spice mixture all over the whole chicken.
- Place spiced chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 5-6 hours. There is no need to add liquid to the slow cooker. The chicken will cook in it’s own juices.
Kids Love Cabbage Slaw
- 2 cups purple cabbage, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup green mango, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium salad bowl. Mix and serve!
Recipe from Everday Paleo.