Wow … that title is a bit ridiculous. I seriously need someone to teach me how to name my posts. Any takers? No. Shucks.
I am finally finished with my two day training class. Thank goodness. I’m certain that old, dank building has mold in it. (You can probably figure out what kind of business I’m in.) That would be TWO binders filled with slides and exercises.
My partner in the class was older and someone I’ve worked with in the past. Let’s just say she is very wise. After working so many years in the industry you pick up a lot.
Her: How are you liking your job?
Me: It’s pretty good.
Her: Oh really … I thought you’d hate it.
Me: Oh uh … why do you say that?
Her: Well with your super high skill pool and everything we threw at you in the past, I’d think the stuff you were doing now is too easy.
Oh … *blushing* … was that a compliment? I don’t take those too well. But sadly, she is right about the easiness. I have no challenging work. That’s why I might go back to school in the near future. Get more knowledge and hopefully move to something more challenging.
Britt!! Do you love that picture? I thought about you when I saw this and hopefully you would love it too if you don’t know about it already. A blog (Des Hommes et des Chatons) filled with male models that pair up with kitty look-a-likes. Too cute and ohh so hot.
Stay Positive & Think Good Thoughts!
A few months ago, I took Mum to Whole Foods so she can see why I love quinoa so much. She got hooked and made her first batch today! Ah happy day. It was delicious. I was asked a few days ago what quinoa tastes like … but I have no clue how to describe it. Anyone have a proper description of the taste?
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by a gorgeous girl who’s a Texan like me! Everyone meet Blake from Steady Three Sixty and send her some love! If I get nominated every time, best bet I’ll do them all the best I can. These are so fun to me!! Thanks, Blake!
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Write 11 facts about yourself once nominated
3. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
4. Come up with 11 question for the 11 people you nominate
11 FACTS ABOUT MOI
One of the best things ever created: sporks. I want a real stainless steal one that works REALLY well. I would use it ALL THE TIME. Remember Wall-E trying to figure out where to put his spork? Teehee so cute!
I’ve been told I’m “too nice”. I like to believe everyone’s good and they don’t have some kind of ulterior motive. Sometimes that backfires. If you’re honest and loyal to me, I will be one of the bestest friends you’ll ever have. (Not to toot my own horn or anything.)
Speaking of loyalty and honesty, I have trust issues. I’m very cautious in opening up. And once you break that trust, adios.
I’ve only truly liked three wines and I don’t know the name to any of them. Therefore, I’m still on the hunt for my favorite wine.
If someone’s talking and it’s a few words put together that reminds me of a song, I start singing or humming it.
- I’ve been told I’m picky with guys and that’s why I’m single. I’d like to believe that’s false. No one likes a fat girl.
My all time favorite song is Scars by Papa Roach. I can relate to that song since it’s been out.
One of my favorite pastimes is watching Chinese Drama. They’re
sometimes cheesy and have bad actors but I love them. Keeps me in touch with where I came from.
I dislike feet. Keep them to yourself.
I wish I was a real singer/songwriter. I don’t care if I was sell-out-a-stadium famous. I’d just want to do it for the fun of it and meet amazing people along the way.
I sleep with 7 pillows and three blankets. I don’t sleep ON all 7 pillows and definitely don’t cover myself with 3 blankets. I just like to be cradled by softness.
QUESTIONS FROM BLAKE
- Do you have tattoos? If so, what is your latest one? If not, would you ever get one? What would it be? I don’t have a tattoo, but it’ll be cool to get a sibling tattoo. Not sure what it’ll be though. If one for just myself, possibly a bow tattoo. I love bows. They’re so cute!
- Would you rather cut your hair to the tops of your ears or not shave your legs for six months? Not shave my legs. My leg hairs don’t grow out that fast. Plus, I can just wear pants/jeans! If I cut my hair that short, I’d look like a fat boy.
- What is your favorite month of the year? I’ve never really thought about it. I guess I’d say May since it’s my birthday month … and if I was still in college, it means summer break.
- If you could only drink water and one other liquid for the rest of your life, what other drink would you choose? Tea. Tea. Tea. Hot tea to be exact.
- What is one of your goals you hope to achieve by 2014? Pay off more than half my loans! Lose a few billion pounds. Check out my 2013 resolutions.
- What is a TV show that your parents didn’t let you watch when you were little, but you watched it anyway behind their backs? Tom & Jerry. Mum said it was to violent … which it kind of is if you think about it. It worked wonderfully … Brother and I would turn the sound off (since they never talk anyway).
- What does your dream house look like? I don’t really have a dream house. I think it’s because I’m not ready to settle down – no boyfriend or anything. Maybe a townhouse/apartment for now. But I would love to decorate it all pretty. Pinterest has been helping me out with that.
- If someone paid you ten dollars every day you left the house without any makeup on, how many days would you go out without makeup? I can go forever without makeup. I love makeup. I collect ‘em. But I’ll be fine never having to wear it. So I guess I’d be so rich. Who wants to pay me? I’ll definitely finish paying off my loans easily.
- Tell us a story about how you embarrassed yourself in front of your crush in high school. If you don’t have one to tell, describe what would have been the most embarrassing thing to happen. In Orchestra, we usually climb up the cabinets (used to put string instruments) to put up posters on the wall. We tend to jump off after we’re done … I slipped and hit my head on the adjacent cabinet and fell on my ass.
- If your job asked you to relocate to the middle of nowhere, would you happily go? Does the middle of nowhere imply there are no people or stores around? If so, probably not. But if it’s like Midland, Texas or something of that sort, yeah of course. They pay so much better too!
- What is your favorite thing about the summer season? When I was in college, I’d say the break. Being able to not go to school daily. Now I kind of wished I did. Hmm … Sundress. I don’t wear them much but they’re so cute.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
If you can live anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?
Describe your dream job.
What is your favorite part of your body and why?
If you can only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What has been the most difficult thing you had to forgive?
If you can have lunch with any 3 people past or present, who would it be and why? What would y’all eat?
What’s your favorite TV show and/or movie?
What’s something you’d tell your 16 year old self?
If you can change ONE thing in your life, what would it be and why?
Describe your most embarrassing moment.
If anything, good or bad happened, who would you tell first?
I understand if y’all don’t do this but it’d sure be nice to learn more about y’all!
My, oh, my.
You know that rule where bloggers should post regularly. Either once a week on the same day (like a Wednesday) or three times a day around the same time?
Sorry. I don’t follow that rule. Sometimes my workload prevents me from writing posts and other times I have no workload I can write a bajillion post everyday in a week. That’s how it works.
Do know I still read blogs and comment everyday!
Luckily, I have content to give you so I actually have something to write. Whoo!!
This is the first time I won a Blogger Award.
I haven’t really had time to put myself out there in the blogging world so I’m very thankful I was nominated!
Thank you so much Rachael from Happy Healthy Runner! She’s my number one reader. I’m sure of it. She has helped me so much in this world. Thank you. Thank you.
Since it’s my first time, I have to follow the rules.
So this is what I have to do:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and provide a link to their post. You are amazing. I think I would of lost interest if it wasn’t for your support!
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award this award to 15 recently discovered blogs
Seven Things About Me….
- I’m not a fan of sweet things (chocolate, candy, ice cream, desserts, etc.) but I love to bake for people. I do crave sweets sometimes … but that is rarely.
- When I started this blog it was just a place to write about food and working out. But once I started to reach out to other bloggers six months later, I’ve grown to love this community. I’ve actually gotten happier after a long while of being in a black hole. So thank you everyone!
- I love ketchup. Ketchup, ketchup, ketchup. I got ketchup from a friend for my birthday before because he thought it was funny. I thought it was genius since I ran out a few days prior.
- I love music. I love to play it, sing it, listen to it. I wish I could have a little band and just jam out. I’m not great at all though.
- I graduated high school with 1000+ other classmates. Yes. We had a REALLY long ceremony. I liked it though. I met a lot of new people. I love meeting people!
- I watch Chinese Soap Operas online while doing stuff on the computer (like now). I have to multi-task and Chinese is easier for me to understand while doing so.
- I am very competitive in sports. I have a mean face on while playing and 10 minutes or so after. I love sports.
15 Blogs to Check Out:
- Brittany @ Blissful Britt
- Corrie Anne @ Corrie Anne
- Jordan @ Healthy College Girl
- Tiffany @ Texan on the Run
- Chelsea @ Chelsea Alysse
- Christina @ The Athletarian
- Amanda @ Tomboy That Wears Makeup
- Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count
- Becca @ I Heart Eggs
- Heidi @ The Sweet Life
- Brittaney @ Fit Chick Britt
- Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy
- Shannon @ Healthiful Balance
- Ell @ Healthy Rundown
- Renxkyoko @ Mega Worth It
Tell me something about yourself!!
Don’t forget about my Giveaway!!
I accidentally ended up at Borders after work on Monday. Whoops … I ended up getting 8 more fictional books that I don’t need. I will spare you all with the pictures of all my books.
Then I went all crazy last night and went on Barnes and Nobles website to see some deals.
What is going on?!
I haven’t really been working out. Which I hate to admit. I’ve been too busy reading all those books!! So that only means I haven’t tried out my Nike+ … but I will. Promise!
Check out Brittany’s Giveaway. It’s so much better than mine!! 😉