In the spirit of Christmas, I’m doing a Holiday survey. It’s been circling the blog world so I’m finally doing it.
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I would have to go with hot chocolate since I’ve never had eggnog before. Other than the time I had it from Starbucks, Eggnog Latte. And it was disgusting.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I never believed in Santa. I know what you think. What kid didn’t? Well, this one. But to answer the question, Santa must be dumb to not wrap the dang present.
3. Colored or white lights on tree and house? Our tree right now has white lights and outside the house colored and white. Tacky? Sorry. I’m a fan of white lights because it looks so much more romantic and classy.
The tree from last year. See all the presents? Yep … only like 10 were for extended family. The rest were for my parents, sissy, brother, June, the significant others, or dogs. Yep … we go all out.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I’ve never seen one in real life. Anyone want to fix that? A plus if a hot guy is already underneath. Just kidding.
5. When do you hang your decorations up? My mum and June usually do it after Thanksgiving week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish, besides dessert? We’re not very traditional with our foods during holidays but I would have to say corn casserole or green bean casserole. Or whatever my mum makes. Yum!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When I was younger and my Uncle Naven was still here, we would all pack into one mini van to go around neighborhoods and look at the Christmas lights and decorations. There was always one with Snoopy that sat in a train thing and went around a track on the big lawn.
8. What’s on your Christmas wish-list? Just having the family together. It’s getting harder and harder to get everyone together. We are growing up way too fast.
9. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? Sissy is a nurse so she doesn’t always get holidays off. Therefore we work around her schedule and this Christmas we’re having it tomorrow (today 23rd). I’m fine with it, as long as we’re together.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? As fast as we can. We like to look at it but not much for decorating it. At least that’s me.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I would think I’d love it. I’ve never seen real live snow. The last few years we had pity snow so that doesn’t count.
Hopefully when I go to Penn State this upcoming February it’ll snow!
12. Real or fake tree? I love real trees! My friend had one at her house and it just looks so much better!! But the fake one is cheaper on the wallet.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don’t have a favorite. Each year there’s always a new favorite.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with the fambam!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I’m not a fan of sweets but I guess the occasional hot apple pie with cold vanilla bean ice cream.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Um … not sure we have one but my dad does do a drawing where he doesn’t buy us anything but we draw a number that’s crumpled up and that’s the amount of money we get.
17. What tops your tree? A bow. We’re not traditional as you can tell.
18. Which do your prefer, giving or receiving? Giving! I love finding things I think they’ll love and watching their excitement. I also love wrapping presents. And baking them goodies.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I’m not a fan of traditional Christmas songs. Don’t kill me!! I love Kelly Clarkson’s My Grown Up Christmas List though! Never heard of it? Here you go:
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum … I don’t really eat candy canes though.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? I don’t have one … any suggestions?
22. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing …
23. Do you have a favorite Christmas morning tradition? Nope.
24. Do you prefer to shop online or in the mall? Shopping online. It’s easier. But sometimes you find things you never would online. But even then not the mall. I hate the mall. I’m okay with stores that aren’t malls though. If that makes sense.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas cards? I don’t do either. But we just started a FTK PenPal to the kids so I wrote a Christmas letter. It was fun.
There’s a really cute engagement video where the guy asks the girl with Meme Pictures.
If you know what that is, you might enjoy it. It’s cute!
It won’t let me embed it so here it is: http://vimeo.com/33507366
If she had said no, he had a “forever alone” sign.